For 300 Strategies for a Stress-Free Life, Click Here!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Cold-Call Sales-Stress

I don't know about you, but I've had my fair share of anxieties and stress over sale calls, particularly cold-calls, even over the phone.








To begin with, I'm an engineer by education and vocation, but eventually found myself to bore too easy with the life
on a desk engineer, and soon defected to the "enemy" camp of sales/marketing and business. However, even before my "conversion", I knew in my heart that I would not LOVE sales and are not at all intrigued by going after sales and targets. I guess I'm just not even money motivated enough to chase after the commissions. So, why did I get into this job? Well, that's a long story for another day...

Recently, I had to once again engaged in cold calls to set appointments for visits to promote my company's services. I had the usual reluctance, mostly due to false expectations and anticipations...mostly negative and unreal fears. I mean, come on...what could anyone do to me over the phone?? Yet, I was still nervous and all worked up to make the calls and set the appointments.


However, thank God that it does pays to have experience. I listed what I needed to say and points that I needed to get through, particularly key words I needed to use to help me explain myself prior the making any sales call. This helped minimize the "ah..." and "umm..." and give me a little more confident in what I had to do.


So after a prayer and some calls later, to my delight I managed to secure a fair bit of appointments. All those fears and stresses amount to nothing. Wasted.
Not that I'm complaining...but I am reminded once again that with a little faith and preparation, I could actually minimize, if not eliminate stress from making sales calls in the future.
If you ever encounter such similar problems, I hope my sharing would give you some ideas that will make it work for you as well....

Cheers....Light...Out.

No comments: