For 300 Strategies for a Stress-Free Life, Click Here!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

The first fight: Battle of the Stresses

A buddy of mine and I decided that we've had enough!! We've finally decided to draw the line here. Work, job, career, money churner, stepping stone...whatever you call it wherever you're from, my bet is that you too have the same struggle against the common enemy, STRESS.

My buddy, nick named Salt and I came to work together in the same office about 6 years ago. We've endured long and tough work loads and ever demanding situations and bosses during the two years I was with the company. Four years has passed since I left the company, yet the nightmares of stress that I underwent is still vivid in my memory. I thought I had left for good the stress when I tendered my resignation, but lo and behold I was served larger and newer bowls of pain the last four years in my various "adventures" in other jobs. When I met up with my buddy Salt recently, I was not surprise to discover that he too was enduring similar pain at work.

Thus, we decided that we had to do something about it. We decided that we had to find a way to overcome stress. Not necessarily that the work in the office was bad or that you have a nasty boss, but work in itself will inadvertently have the tendency to promote a sense of tense, ie: STRESS.

If you can't beat them, join them!

If stress is always present and real, we shouldn't deny it. Neither should we close our eyes and try to wish it away. Instead, we have to confront the enemy. We have to embrace stress. We have to OVERCOME stress.

So the battle begins. We are dedicating our lives and time to search for solutions and strategies to managing stress.
This is the reason for this weblog.
It is our intention that we can share with our friends all over the world, what we have experienced and could find to aid in the constant battles against stress. We hope that you will benefit from this, and also contribute and add to this log your own experiences and encouragement.

It is said that one of the best ways to release stress is to verbalize it. So please by all means, verbalize it here as we will.

Hope you'll enjoy as much as we hope to....cheers..... :)

Light...out...

No comments: